Newton Crouch Inc (NCI), founded by Will Newton Crouch Sr, opened its doors in Griffin, Georgia in 1940 as a cotton gin and fertilizer warehouse. Newton Sr soon designed an equipment line to help growers spread fertilizer accurately. His equipment design started Newton Crouch Inc down the path of innovation that has led NCI to become the premiere manufacturer of applicators.
Today, Newton Crouch Inc is owned and operated as a family business by Steve Crouch, son of Newton Sr. With his leadership and agricultural engineering degree, Steve brought Newton Crouch Spreaders into the modern era. NCI Griffin remains the corporate hub while also being the primary location of equipment manufacturing. NCI Albany is located in the heart of Georgia’s Ag Industry and is a vital tool for growers needing parts, service, and tanks. NCI Sebring manufactures customized equipment for the Florida market along with tanks, service, and parts. NCI has grown in its eighty years to become a dominant force in the agriculture market.
Newton Crouch Inc looks forward to growing its manufacturing footprint in Griffin in the upcoming years. To learn more about Newton Crouch Inc’s history and employment opportunities, visit newtoncrouch.com
The National Farm Machinery Show and Championship Tractor Pull has decided to cancel this year’s schedule events. Initially the group planned to delay the show until March, but management decided to cancel the show due to ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19.
David Beck, president and CEO of Kentucky Venues says the health and safety of guests, exhibitors, and coworkers is the highest priority and “the best way to keep them safe is to postpone the show”. He says the decision was not made lightly.
The 56th National Farm Machinery Show and 53rd Championship Tractor Pull are scheduled for February 16 to 19, 2022.
Organizers of the 2021 Mid-South Farm & Gin Show today announced the show would not be an in-person event but will move solely to its new online virtual show site for this year. The decision was made following months of work with the City of Memphis and local and state health officials to plan a show that would meet health and safety requirements under COVID-19. Please visit the Newton Crouch virtual booth. All of us at NCI are looking forward to a live show in 2022 year. We miss seeing our customers, vendors, competitors and most of all, the wonderful City of Memphis.
The Georgia Agribusiness Council has announced a change in the 2020 Harvest Celebration format. Usually the even it hosted at the Cobb Galleria, indoors, with a couple of thousand people in close quarters. Due to Covid 19 the event will be held at the Meadows Gun Club in Forsyth, GA as an outdoor event. We will still have a delicious meal and our famous Field of Dreams. Plan to join us then.
Did you know that NCI is the largest Norwesco dealer in the southeastern United States? Well, it’s true! We stock hundreds of tanks and have all the fittings, valves, couplers, hose, pumps, etc to complete your project. NCI even has a tank specialist who can answer your questions. Watch our YouTube videos on tanks.
The Georgia Agribusiness Council has cancelled this year’s Harvest Celebration. Newton Crouch Inc. has always attended and supported this fundraising event. The Harvest Celebration will be missed but we look forward to 2021.
The Sunbelt Expo cancelled its 43 show that was to be held in October, 2020. How many times had Newton Crouch Inc. attended the Sunbelt? 42 Times! NCI is one of the original vendors. We will miss the Sunbelt but believe that safety of all vendors, their employees as well as the members of the public that attend the show must take first consideration. We will be there for the Sunbelt in 2021!
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For Newton Crouch Inc., that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, vendors and communities, and then making necessary adjustments to our business and operations.
NCI has a simple objective that guides us: keeping everyone safe and operations running as smoothly as possible. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several changes to our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
• We have increased cleaning services at our facilities, with hand sanitizer dispensers at the front entrances for employees and customers. Sanitizing wipes are positioned near workstations so that employees can keep them continuously cleaned. We also reiterated the importance of thorough and frequent hand washing.
• We have a diversified supplier strategy that enables us to change sourcing to mitigate risk in the event of supply interruptions in most situations to ensure material flow throughout the supply chain.
• We be limiting visitor access to our manufacturing and office facilities. We fully understand that this may prove challenging for some of our customers and vendors. However, we feel this is a prudent measure for the foreseeable future.
• Strict travel restrictions are currently in place company-wide, and we have cancelled any large gatherings or meetings to help prevent risk of exposure.
• We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
• Office staff are equipped and prepared to work remotely as the need arises.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
As always, our website and YouTube channel in addition to our customer service team will be available to continue to service our customers. Our inventory levels are strong and we are being proactive to ensure that we continue to have the inventory needed to manage our business and support yours through these uncertain times.
While this pandemic is a challenge that NCI will have to manage for the foreseeable future, it is extremely important that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace and to continue to service our customers with excellence.
Newton Crouch Inc. will be open as usual for the forseeable future. Our business type requires our presence at our offices both for filling & shipping parts orders and manufacturing equipment. If any of our employees are exposed to the Cornona virus or have confirmed cases, we will take all necessary steps to protect our employees, their families and our customers.