Tank Repair Kit
The tank repair kit pictured includes a specially formulated welding wire containing copolymers and adhesives. Wire may be used to effectively repair linear polyethylene. Easy to use and requires only 110 volt power.
Instructions for use:
- Remove damaged item from cold and windy conditions.
- Pre-clean area to be welded.
- Preheat welding gun for 10-15 minutes.
- V-notch out damaged area, 1/2 to 3/4 of the material thickness.
- Preheat damaged area well above room temperature.
- Insert wire into preheat tube and allow wire to become clear/molten.
- Place tip into v-notched crack and slowly proceed with repair, gradually feeding wire through the tube as you go.
- Return to starting point and heat to a smooth glaze for proper bonding.
- For deeper grooves, a second pass may be necessary to ensure a good seal.
|Poly welding gun and rod||60221|
|Poly welding rod, natural, 30′||61879|
|Poly welding rod, black, 30′||64160|