Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For Newton Crouch Inc., that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, vendors and communities, and then making necessary adjustments to our business and operations.
NCI has a simple objective that guides us: keeping everyone safe and operations running as smoothly as possible. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several changes to our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
• We have increased cleaning services at our facilities, with hand sanitizer dispensers at the front entrances for employees and customers. Sanitizing wipes are positioned near workstations so that employees can keep them continuously cleaned. We also reiterated the importance of thorough and frequent hand washing.
• We have a diversified supplier strategy that enables us to change sourcing to mitigate risk in the event of supply interruptions in most situations to ensure material flow throughout the supply chain.
• We be limiting visitor access to our manufacturing and office facilities. We fully understand that this may prove challenging for some of our customers and vendors. However, we feel this is a prudent measure for the foreseeable future.
• Strict travel restrictions are currently in place company-wide, and we have cancelled any large gatherings or meetings to help prevent risk of exposure.
• We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
• Office staff are equipped and prepared to work remotely as the need arises.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
As always, our website and YouTube channel in addition to our customer service team will be available to continue to service our customers. Our inventory levels are strong and we are being proactive to ensure that we continue to have the inventory needed to manage our business and support yours through these uncertain times.
While this pandemic is a challenge that NCI will have to manage for the foreseeable future, it is extremely important that we maintain a safe and healthy workplace and to continue to service our customers with excellence.